Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 12-09-2023, 11:57 AM   #111
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This is one of the worst pieces I've ever seen. I had no idea they weren't even going to put legs on the ladies. Major yikes.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM   #112
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
This isn't the only statue on this forum.

He can't throw social terms, but you can?

How is critiquing a statue toxic?

We don't have to write a term paper on our analysis of this piece. This is a casual place where people from all over the world come to share their thoughts on statues. Just because you don't find the opinion to your liking or "useful" doesn't mean it is a bad ot "toxic" post.
LOL are you really believe that this is critiquing a statue? You think that throw garbagre words from your keyboard is make a critique?? What a low point we reach, some rubbish and that's express your opinions!

You don't need to write a term paper on our analysis of this piece, but that doesn't meant that you must throw your brain away and write trash.

And there's nothing to do with have the same"opinion", because I don't liked the statue as well, just read what I wrote (you read that part? or the only thing that you paid attention is on the word "toxic"? I understand that word could shock some sensitive people today)

The statue have their goods and bad points, and possibility of improvment, that's something very diferent from wrote some pearl like "nightmare fuel", what I think that's not very helpful, unless to show how "inteligent" the person who wrote is

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 12:16 PM   #113
SDguy

I'm now sensitive AND unintelligent. Sweet!

Edit: If you want to defend that piece, that's totally your prerogative. Can you just do it without insulting me continuously? Much appreciated.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 12:20 PM   #114
Shoo
Hercules

Pics by Alex from RaddTitan

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:24 PM   #115
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

They already said on Facebook that they will be revising the sculpts. I feel like they say this about all their statues. It's so weird to me that companies recently have been putting up statues so far into development that they will have a professionally painted one for demoing at a convention just to immediately be prepared to say they are willing to continue revising the sculpt. I can't tell if it is a lack of confidence, a love/fear/respect toward the fandom, or if it is just a calculated loss of sorts. It's even stranger when companies do it on pieces post preorder, which I believe F4F and PCS are guilty of
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM   #116
Yamato
Justice League

Needs to be scrapped and redone completely.

“Nightmare fuel” is pretty appropriate, though I think even that is putting it nicely.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:29 PM   #117
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
Oh come on. At the very worse it's just the face sculpts that need to be redone and maybe the angle of Lilith's neck if it really bothers people. I don't see how people have issue with anything else. The colors look great, the base works well, the bodies are nice, the pose is seductive, it is space efficient, etc...

I also think that the "alien" look people are getting comes in part from the choices they made for the colors of the hair and eyebrows. Darkening both of them (especially the eyebrows) would probably do wonders. It probably isn't intended since Artgerm draws every single character and picture as the most generic deviantart pinup anime girl with the same face and body, but I like the slight unsettling horror vibe of the piece.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:38 PM   #118
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post

?Nightmare fuel? is pretty appropriate, though I think even that is putting it nicely.
Agreed. It's horrible. The more I look at it, the more it looks like Morrigan is trying to breastfeed Lilith's dead body.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:46 PM   #119
Westhelle
Hydra

I don't know why people say it needs to be redone entirely. It does really look high quality aside from the faces. I don't even mind the missing legs, since it looks like they are summoned from the fountain.
If they scratch the glass eyes and just paint the faces good, it should be a no brainer.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 01:49 PM   #120
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed. It's horrible. The more I look at it, the more it looks like Morrigan is trying to breastfeed Lilith's dead body.
Hey, I get credit for that, and it can't be unseen!!!!

I think you missed something though, it looks like Morrigan is trying to breastfeed the boy version of Lilith's dead body. Lilith's body has lost all feminity. I get she is young, and small breasted, but that is a boys chest. Didn't another company skip Artgerm's approval permissions on some pieces. I would assume this is the same case. I can't see him approving this piece, it is scary.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote