Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-09-2024, 01:22 PM   #131
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
like what you like, buy what you like. a lot of people get caught up in hype with this hobby due to es, design, license, artists involved, etc but ill never agree its stupid to credit artists or celebrate the work theyve done. yeah some people get a little excited and gush over certain sculptors, who cares? let them gush, people fawn over celebrities and athletes all the time. its all fantasy, entertainment and personal fulfillment. nobodys saving lives here, just having fun
Personally like I said I like to wax poetic about this stuff and the people who make it.

I'm also pretty laid back about this stuff and being here as far as opinions.
No money and manipulation is a different ball game.

I believe in everyone's free reign to gush OR bash be it pieces, artists genres, or interests. Its all just expressions of feelings and I enjoy taking them especially when it's real. I'm not just here o hear the praise.

I don't like when anyone tries to silence anyone else or bicker/argue over those feelings.

I LOVE a lot of Canale pieces. Hate his work and think I'm stupid for it? Cool
I LOVE some anime and video games. Think I'm a nerd/dork/dweeb for it? Cool.
I really HATE Thanos on Throne and XM Thanos. Someone else favs? Cool.
I love Bowens. Think they're toys for poor little boys? Cool.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 01:33 PM   #132
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
So you think Sideshow would still sell statues for say $300 if they where the only ones doing 1/4 statues instead of continue raising prices just as they have, to see how far they can push?
It's obviously a good excuse to be able to say someone else made us do it, but it feels to me like it's naive to believe they would have lower prices just given the chance.

Where is that information coming from anyway?
Is everything a term paper requiring citation of sources?
You know how the constitution starts with "We hold these truths to be self evident" right?

Grant you, all businesses are naturally "greedy", no doubt.

If Sideshow's prices were due to Sideshow's greed you would see a competitor offering $300 1/4 statues and eating Sideshow's lunch all day every day. Instead we see $600 1/6 statues.
Sideshow's profit per statue is likely the same or less than historically.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:50 PM   #133
qz33
Baron Zemo

Hot Take!!!!!!

Alright as a good sport I'll push a Forps button.

Ehren Beinert >>>>>>> Godbottle!!!
Yes it is true! 247/365 ANYDAY!!
Ehren is the MASTER of feminine curves and likeness!!
Harbottle is an AMATEUR in comparison!!!!

C'mon guys just have fun with it all.
Old 05-09-2024, 03:40 PM   #134
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Ehren? That guy who made some online videos with that strange dude Arahom? Inside Arahom"/ARH basement? I actually feared that a Rancor could probably be living in that basement of theirs. Lol!

He got a nice job afterwards but you know it and i know it (Skip Bayless-style), Ehren was a mediocre to bad sculptor. His Frazetta sculpts were nothing special. Mediocre sculpts at best. And mind you, i want to be polite.

Will Harbottle on the other hand.....

Don't fool yourselves, guys. You know it and i know it (Skip Bayless arguing Shannon Sharpe-style) that Harbottle is the BEST sculptor on this hobby. PERIOD.

I dare you to ask any sculptor (off-the-record) and ofc not the cocky ones... 1 or 2 may mention Canale (whose style though does not fit the full digital era as was the case with his hand-sculpts), noone will mention Bel (ofc, are we f.....g serious? Bel?) and nearly all of them are going to place Harbottle as the best.

The man NEVER misses. I've yet to see a Harbottle's sculpt being a disappointment.

He is on a roll for the ages. NEVER AGAIN in ANY profession a guy is relentlessly GOATing.

Rogue, Gambit, Juggernaut, Nightcrawler or even his new Sin PFF or any sculpt of his are MASTERPIECES.

Harbottle's work is going to be considered GOD-like work as regards pop-culture sculpting for people living 2100 or 2200.

Statues from this hobby are going to be exposed as are nowadays eg Andy Warhol's "art" pieces considered to be art and exposed in a museum.

You all CAN'T GET IT, i can understand why.

"What is this crazy bast..d, Forps, saying? The OG Hulk exposed in a museum and people paying to see it? Is this Forps guy a complete moron?"

OG Hulk is already on Marvel TV series inside Marvel offices.

Our grand-grand-grandchildren are going to view these items as pop-culture items of the 20/21st centuries.

Harbottle along with Panfilova, Phillips, Canale, Peterson, Schumacher are going to be admired as the top sculptors of the pop culture era, of the art of our epoch, of the art people of our era enjoyed.

I can fathom why such a claim by Forps seems to you being a completely crazy one, but the same thing would happen if Forps told a guy 500y ago

"The armor we wear, pal, is going to be exposed in a museum 500y into the future and people are going to pay in order to view it".

"What are you talking about Forps? Take your sword and go fight, you crazy bast..d with your crazy ideas"
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 03:40 PM   #135
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

lol, I like this just because I can picture forps going into convulsions...and possibly falling off his very high pedestal. Just like the old slapstick comedy.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 05:01 PM   #136
MPCanes
The X-Men

So glad Forps gave one sculptor to the anime weirdos. But Bel isn't it. We'll take...

Bergholtz triumphant return!

The big dog doing a Guts, or Goku, or Ichigo in a Sideshow style...wow. Game over. Knockout punch landed.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 05:23 PM   #137
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
So glad Forps gave one sculptor to the anime weirdos. But Bel isn't it. We'll take...

The big dog doing a Guts, or Goku, or Ichigo in a Sideshow style...wow. Game over. Knockout punch landed.
You, little......

Andy Bergholtz, one of the 4 GOATs! To sculpt anime cr.p?

Forps is going to commit suicide, guys.

Soooooooo.....

Sideshow "listened" to Forps and brought the female faces sculpting genius, Mark Newman back.

What about Andy Bergholtz?
I know that he works on other stuff but lure him back Sideshow.

Andy Bergholtz come back to our beloved arthouse, Sideshow!

Your OG Hulk is already a part of pop culture, the first and best Hulk ever. It is part of history.

Sideshow is now going to produce a 1/3 line! The quintessential representations of Marvel/DC pop culture in statue form.

You already have a place in tomorrow's museum (pop-culture segment next eg to the modern art or the dino's segment).

Your OG Hulk is a grail for the ages.

Your Batman LSB is still the BEST Batman LSB (Ryan tried but he did not manage to top it).

Your Joker LSB is an ART PIECE.

And ofc, that wicked, Green Goblin LSB would NEVER be topped.

But now Sideshow is going to produce these pop culture characters in the best, most memorable scale, 1/3.

You, Will Godbottle, GodCanale, Godfilova, GodPeterson and GodPhillips are going to be COMPLETELY FREE to give us the best, the quintessential representations of these pop culture characters in statue form.

ONLY the GOATs (Bergholtz, Harbottle, Canale, Peterson) and future GOATs (Panfilova, Phillips) are going to "touch" the new line, 1/3 line. Newman is going to help with some female sculpts, Schumacher also but other sculptors are not going to enter that realm. It is intended to be only for the GOATs (eg Bel can sculpt some 1/5 pieces or 1/4 female pieces or even anime cr.p).

Come back, Andy. One last time. For a "Last Dance".

To create 1/3 statues intended to become parts of a future segment inside a museum.

We, Sideshow, may also try to reach Steve Wang to sculpt some crazy monsters in LSB form alongside you and Peterson. We may also reach to Jerry (from old PCS) to help Canale give us crazy, beefed up characters eg Hulk.

All sculpting GOATs under our beloved arthouse, Sideshow. YES, YES, YES!

Dear Andy.

You are one of the GOATs. Let's unite again for a 1/3 line of masterpieces. Of pop culture sculpted art pieces immortalized in stone.

Come back, Andy. For one "Last Dance".
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 05:53 PM   #138
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Forps is going to commit suicide, guys.
Stingray, PCS_Sagat_Buyer, and Jungle Demon just saw that and are like...

Last edited by IcedDog; 05-09-2024 at 06:55 PM.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 12:56 AM   #139
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Ehren is in a class of his own.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:29 AM   #140
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post

For the 12 days of Sideshow this year, maybe Sideshow could announce 12 days of anime statues. All prepared especially for forps of course.
God is online now   Reply With Quote