Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-28-2022, 05:19 PM   #191
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Im pretty numbed about what Prime has done here.
The list I made few pages back, with what normally could have been included with Regular and DXS was comparable with their JH offer. Even the same price would be expensive but good enough atm.
But with these newest 'offers' they scare away their last customers.
Well, the one good thing is.... the statue itself is a bit underwhelming & I don't feel bad on missing out on it. I don't like the pose & you mentioned some good points on the armor issues. It's ok, but doesn't blow my socks off. Can't justify blowing that much cash on a piece... I'm not crazy about. When it goes on sale, depending on how much they take off, I'll think about it. Plus I'll be able to see how it got painted & stuff.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:29 PM   #192
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

I guess I'm in that .1% then. I think if they really wanted to make this the "ultimate version" the skulls are a good idea, but imagine having a full trophy wall to display them on modeled straight from the movie of course. That plus a swap-out hand holding king Willie head would justify their ultimate price imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Not to mention at least one more box which will no doubt be $800+ to ship. I get what they're doing with them, but the price makes no sense. I think 99.9% of us would be happy with just the xeno skull as a little bonus in the DX version or whatever to help justify that price tag.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:03 PM   #193
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
INDEED, and the lower one (shape and color) looks like a dragon type mask to me.

What could be possible/doable, to make the included mask more appealing? I was thinking some spikes on it?
The Ram mask they chose to include is screen accurate. You don't mess with that. The thing is, it's a random selection. Why'd they chose Ram? There are 5 other Lost Tribe members wearing masks at the end of the movie; Stalker, Guardian, Ram, Boar and Scout. Guardian is pretty much identical to the Gort, which they included with the Cover Art JH, so that one's out. Scout looks too similar to the JH mask. So that one's an easy pass. Stalker and Boar look similar to each other so I guess Ram is actually the most unique looking. Probably not P1's reasoning for picking one to include but I guess Ram is just their favorite!
Old 04-28-2022, 06:06 PM   #194
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I think the reason why P1 overpriced the 1/3 City Hunter, is because they figured everyone who pre ordered the 1/3 Jungle Hunter would want to get the 1/3 City Hunter aswell.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:18 PM   #195
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
The Ram mask they chose to include is screen accurate. You don't mess with that. The thing is, it's a random selection. Why'd they chose Ram? There are 5 other Lost Tribe members wearing masks at the end of the movie; Stalker, Guardian, Ram, Boar and Scout. Guardian is pretty much identical to the Gort, which they included with the Cover Art JH, so that one's out. Scout looks too similar to the JH mask. So that one's an easy pass. Stalker and Boar look similar to each other so I guess Ram is actually the most unique looking. Probably not P1's reasoning for picking one to include but I guess Ram is just their favorite!
See, I like the Ram design. But it only works because of the strikingly different colors and patterns on the body. If they wanted a Lost Hunter helmet that would look correct on the City Hunter body, they should've picked Gort or Scout -- but those are already included with the 1/3 Jungle Hunter.

Instead of the $5600 Ultimate Edition, a cooler exclusive might've been an alternate Ram color scheme for $2800. Paint the armor silver and the skin blue, you'd have a mostly accurate recreation of that character and a small enough ES to entice the super-fans. It's still an extremely niche move, but a better value overall than paying $2.1K for a bunch skulls. I don't think even a customizer would charge that much for those skulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
I think the reason why P1 overpriced the 1/3 City Hunter, is because they figured everyone who pre ordered the 1/3 Jungle Hunter would want to get the 1/3 City Hunter aswell.....

"Their first big mistake."
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:03 PM   #196
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

I like the Ram mask too, but would never display it on this statue. It’s basically just a cool proximity piece.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:08 PM   #197
azurepred
Zot

Insane price. I actually thought the regular would be $100-200 cheaper than JH since it came with less and the base is more simple. I'm not ordering purely out of spite like the closed mouth JH bust. Once it goes on sale in a few years, I might change my mind.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:37 PM   #198
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

I wonder if the cost to produce this including licensing, with the Ultimate version in mind, really is the reason for the huge price hike... or are they actually increasing their profit margins on this one? I was ready to PO this, this morning, until I saw the price.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:32 AM   #199
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
See, I like the Ram design. But it only works because of the strikingly different colors and patterns on the body. If they wanted a Lost Hunter helmet that would look correct on the City Hunter body, they should've picked Gort or Scout -- but those are already included with the 1/3 Jungle Hunter.

Instead of the $5600 Ultimate Edition, a cooler exclusive might've been an alternate Ram color scheme for $2800. Paint the armor silver and the skin blue, you'd have a mostly accurate recreation of that character and a small enough ES to entice the super-fans. It's still an extremely niche move, but a better value overall than paying $2.1K for a bunch skulls. I don't think even a customizer would charge that much for those skulls.

"Their first big mistake."
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:20 AM   #200
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote