Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-28-2022, 03:51 PM   #181
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
I'm so glad I don't like this version... I think the $5600 price is absurd.... I think for that price they should add an extra head with the mouth closed....

It made me consider Jungle Hunter 1/3 scale.... but I have Cover Art 1/4 and I'm happy with that.

Looks like a lot of us are saving lots of money for various reasons with this one. I'm kind of glad, If I bought this along with the JH I have on order and the Big chap I just received. That's $13.5k + of statue. $15k+ with the closed mouth heads! It's so easy to get carried away in this hobby.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:23 PM   #182
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

So the Jungle Hunter 1/3 DX doesn't have an Edition Size yet. I think maybe this City Hunter was rushed out with a high price tag, to help boost the sales of the more popular, Jungle Hunter full statue & bust sets. People see the JH now as a fair deal compared to this CH now. It's almost like a scam to me. Can't really trust them these days.

The fancy DX Bonus with all the skulls is 300 ES. I betcha the other two versions of this City Hunter will have very small Edition Sizes. Like probably 150-200 tops.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:33 PM   #183
Python
Omega Red

Just for fun, here's a very quick (rough) mock-up of this with the Boar and Brother Boar bio masks. Both of which look infinitely better than that bloated Ram mask.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:33 PM   #184
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
The fancy DX Bonus with all the skulls is 300 ES. I betcha the other two versions of this City Hunter will have very small Edition Sizes. Like probably 150-200 tops.
If they can't sell small ES from the 1/4 City Hunter for less than 1000. This won't sell out for a while. My guess ES will be 300+500+500 or something.
JH DXS has 1000 and DX will not be announced before shipping out, regular maybe also alround 500. So total JH 1700? and CH 1300 as maximum is my guess.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:40 PM   #185
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Just for fun, here's a very quick (rough) mock-up of this with the Boar and Brother Boar bio masks. Both of which look infinitely better than that bloated Ram mask.
INDEED, and the lower one (shape and color) looks like a dragon type mask to me.

What could be possible/doable, to make the included mask more appealing? I was thinking some spikes on it?
Old 04-28-2022, 04:44 PM   #186
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
If they can't sell small ES from the 1/4 City Hunter for less than 1000. This won't sell out for a while. My guess ES will be 300+500+500 or something.
JH DXS has 1000 and DX will not be announced before shipping out, regular maybe also alround 500. So total JH 1700? and CH 1300 as maximum is my guess.
Yep, it's going to take them years to sell this one out... I have the funds to buy this, but I'm not. I may just pickup the bust maybe? The thing that sucks going forward....we all know when they do the 1/3 Wolf Predator, the price on that one will trump this CH. Unless this price hike bite's them in the a$s and they bring their prices back down to Earth again.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:54 PM   #187
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The good news is that at least one of these versions of CH will be on sale at some point. After it's released in a few years, I'll keep an eye out for it during their two big sales of the year.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:58 PM   #188
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I like the character Predator 2 and i like the movie Predator 2. A LOT of people think it's a pretty bad movie. I remember watching a Jordu Shell painting demo live in person about 10 years ago he was painting a BlackHeart Elder Predator wall hanger bust. He worked on the film: Predator 2. He went on laughing on how horrible of a film it is and how it has no business even being a sequel to the first film.

Who the hell is gonna buy the Ultimate version? The damn Wall Art has a limited edition of what? 350? it's like $949 and it still hasn't sold out after how many years.

as other said if they included a chalkboard sized Trophy wall i could justify the price tag, but those skulls for and extra $2000 + is

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:03 PM   #189
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The good news is that at least one of these versions of CH will be on sale at some point. After it's released in a few years, I'll keep an eye out for it during their two big sales of the year.
Yeah, I agree with that totally. With people having to pay 5k extra a year for food, gas & higher bills now.....I don't see this trend lasting for long. They'll be sitting on crate loads of statues for way too long, to make it worth their while in the long run imo.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:08 PM   #190
Halcyon
Loki

Im pretty numbed about what Prime has done here.
The list I made few pages back, with what normally could have been included with Regular and DXS was comparable with their JH offer. Even the same price would be expensive but good enough atm.
But with these newest 'offers' they scare away their last customers.