Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Lions would?ve beat the chiefs
i thought that several times myself, real bummer
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 03:22 PM   #222
qz33
Baron Zemo

Ugggh I wanna do the whole season again right now!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:52 PM   #223
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I don't know how they stumbled through the regular season AND the super bowl but there you go. All glory to H and his reverse jinx comments in here...well done
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Well you definitely have one

Man, that was a snoozefest through 3 quarters, glad it got more interesting. I couldn't bring myself to root for the 49ers (barf), so I was pulling for the Chiefs...congrats Mister H!
Thanks fellas! Man what a terrible first 3 quarters but a sensational ending. Glad I took today off because I didn?t sleep for a while after that game. Mahomes is now easily in the top 5 QBs of all time (and will only climb further), the Chiefs are in the upper echelon of NFL franchises, first repeat Super Bowl team in 20 years, multiple future hall of famers on this team, we weren?t even supposed to be in the Superbowl this year and I actually got to see a home playoff game that lead to a Superbowl win. I can?t think of a scenario that will get better for me than this season.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:53 PM   #224
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Not just Mr. H. I lived in KC for 14 years.

Nail biting 4th quarter! Congrats, Chiefs!!
Red Nation brother!
Old 02-12-2024, 08:53 PM   #225
Demona
Lex Luthor

I don't get the dislike of the Niners. What am I missing people?
I wanted the Niners just because I'm over Mahomes. And when the Niners missed that extra point - I knew it would come back to haunt them. And WHY ON EARTH didn't they defer when they won the OT toss?!

I enjoy Andy Reid. I also enjoy how mad toxic football fans are about Taylor Swift. I'm not a Swiftie, but I enjoy when people show their a$$es like they are now.

The game was good. I'm not sure I would call it competitive as much as neither team looked that great. I think the Lions could have beaten the Chiefs because they looked pretty pedestrian for a good part of the game.

Do we think Jason Kelce is coming back next year? Or is he done? Since I'm stuck in the Eagles market, I would like to see him come back for one more year and have a great send off along with Brandon Graham (Go Blue!!)
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:06 PM   #226
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I got into sports in the 80s when the Niners were so dominant, and I was sick of them winning all the time. I think it just extends from that...AND they beat my Lions!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:29 PM   #227
Mister H
Ultimates

It must be a regional thing because I don’t see a lot of Niners hate. Now what I do see is Purdy hate and for a while I couldn’t figure it out, then it dawned on me. Purdy is pretty open about his Christianity. He showed what a good QB he is in the Super Bowl. It was his best game in the playoffs, the actual Super Bowl and he stepped up and I still hear Purdy bashing. Coaching (and Chiefs defense) really hurt SF the most.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:46 PM   #228
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I like Purdy, he's a great story...how can ya not like Mr. Irrelevant proving doubters wrong?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 01:43 AM   #229
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Red Nation brother!
Woof!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 04:17 PM   #230
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I wanted the Niners just because I'm over Mahomes. And when the Niners missed that extra point - I knew it would come back to haunt them. And WHY ON EARTH didn't they defer when they won the OT toss?!
I figure it has to do with the city. SF is one of the top laughing stocks of the country. A once great city ruined by poor leadership.

Quote:
I enjoy Andy Reid. I also enjoy how mad toxic football fans are about Taylor Swift. I'm not a Swiftie, but I enjoy when people show their a$$es like they are now.

The game was good. I'm not sure I would call it competitive as much as neither team looked that great. I think the Lions could have beaten the Chiefs because they looked pretty pedestrian for a good part of the game.

Do we think Jason Kelce is coming back next year? Or is he done? Since I'm stuck in the Eagles market, I would like to see him come back for one more year and have a great send off along with Brandon Graham (Go Blue!!)
Normal people dislike the overexposure of Swift. I have been force fed knowledge of her, and I don't even watch TV or listen to pop music. Her behavior seems to indicate that she is a 30 year old who acts like a teenager, the same as her fans. Poor Andy Reid almost got knocked over by that bully Travis Kelce. Probably still not as bad as Mahomes' younger brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The whole thing felt scripted, like it was all decided before the game even started. Too much money moving around behind the scenes anymore to think that sporting events are purely sport for the love of sports.
I've heard that it's scripted to elevate the fake romance of Swift and Kelce. I'm happy for the Chiefs fans though.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote